To enable our guest speaker to return to Melbourne the General Meeting will be held after our speaker’s presentation.
Guest speaker for the meeting is Pablo Brait who is a Community Organiser at
Market Forces: Your Money As A Force For Good.
Pablo has been interested in social, environmental and political issues since child-hood. Since 2007 he has worked on various climate change campaigns promoting 100% renewable energy for Australia.
The talk will focus on people’s personal finances and how they are exposed to fossil fuels and climate risk.
– Why is divestment good from a moral and financial standpoint?
– Which banks fund fossil fuel companies/projects?
– How much do these banks lend to fossil fuels?
– Which banks are fossil-fuel free?
– Which superannuation funds invest in fossil fuels and which funds don’t?
– What sorts of investments do super funds make on our behalf?
– What is a climate/stranded asset risk?
– How are super funds dealing or not dealing with climate risk?
– What can I do if I want to align my money with my values?
Market Forces is an affiliate project of Friends of the Earth Australia and member of the international BankTrack network. Facebook.
A light supper will be served after the meeting.
Download Meeting Flyer