- Develop a series of forums and on-farm demonstrations to explain the changes necessary for carbon capture and storage on farm
- Engage Charles Massey to talk to local farmers
- Meet with other like minded groups to determine common goals
- Create a list of groups already formed and what they are doing in this space.
- Develop a 'Regen' farmer peer support group with field days and guest speakers
- Faciliitate DIY ecological monitoring on farms
- Find and enable local farmers who are interested in belonging to such a group/developing ecological monitoring and other regenerative farming skills
- Explore links with Bulk Food Co-Op and local producers eg the Strathbogie Local in Euroa
Many BSFG members will have heard Charles speak at the 2018 Swanpool Environmental Film Festival, his topic 'Can Regenerative Agriculture Help Save the World', and/or read his groundbreaking work 'Call of the Reed Warbler'.
We are, however, particularly fortunate with the level of inspiration already imparted by Charles in our area; have continuing access to his book, and can also recommend watching the excellent ABC Australian Story program on Charles' work:
So, it's 'Back to the Drawing Board' for Sandy and John Paul! Fortunately there are lots of other avenues to pursue and we look forward to hearing more from Sandy in future months..
Bev Lee and Peter Maddock